- Miami-Dade County Public Schools will be closed on Thursday and Friday. All extracurricular activities and night school classes will be canceled beginning Wednesday.
- Broward County Public Schools will be closed on Thursday and Friday.
- Monroe County schools will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 6, until further notice.
- The Archdiocese of Miami will close all elementary and high schools in Miami-Dade and Broward counties on Thursday and Friday.
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory School will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Miami-Dade College is closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, while normal operations continue.
- Florida International University is closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, while their normal operations continue.
- University of Miami’s Coral Gables and Marine Campus Classes canceled for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Monroe County will close all of its government offices on Wednesday, Sept. 6
- Miami-Dade County offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
Parks and Museums
- Monroe County will close all of its county parks on Wednesday.
- Big Cypress National Preserve will close at noon on Wednesday.
- The Miami International Auto Show has been postponed to an unknown future date after originally being set for Saturday, Sept. 9th
- The NFL has not yet made a decision on the Miami Dolphins season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, originally scheduled for Sunday.
- City events in North Miami will be canceled from Thursday, Sept. 6 through Monday, Sept. 11.
- The BSO Shred-a-Thon scheduled for Sept. 9th at the Charles F. Dodge City Center has been canceled.
- Pembroke Pines Mayor Angelo Castillo’s HOA meeting scheduled for Monday, Sept. 11 at 7 pm has been canceled.
Trash and Bulk Collection
- The City of Pembroke Pines will suspend bulk pick up on Wednesday after pick up in Zone 9 is completed.
- The 9-11 Observance to have taken place on Sept. 11th at the Pembroke Pines Memorial Park has been canceled.
- Norwegian Sky Sept 8. three-day cruise from Miami to the Bahamas has been canceled.
- Norwegian Escape Sept. 9 seven-day cruise from Miami to Eastern Caribbean has been canceled.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport urging travelers to check with airlines.
Where to find Sandbags
- The City of North Miami will be giving out sandbags to North Miami residents at the North Miami Motor Pool, beginning Wednesday, Sept. 6 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. while supplies last. (maximum of six per resident)
- Adonel Concrete will be offering free sand beginning Tuesday and continuing through Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at its Sweetwater plant, located at 2101 N.W. 110 Avenue. The company has set aside 1 million pounds of sand per day for the public. Individuals are asked to bring their own bags to fill the sand.
Florida’s attorney general has activated a price-gouging hotline, reminding residents that it is illegal for the prices of essential items to be raised to higher-than-average prices during a state of emergency. Price gouging during a state of emergency is illegal! Report violations by dialing 1-866-966-7226