Hollywood, Fla. – The glow of a thousand neon slot machines, the sounds of cards whirring in the hands of dealers, the jingling of quarters, and the rough brushed feel of the green felt on the craps table and the soft tumble of dice. For the first time since March 20, fans of the casino games can play again.
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, and Seminole Classic Casino in Hollywood all will reopen Friday, June 12, under new and stringent program guidelines for social distancing.
Closed since March 20 to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, the casinos will return under the ‘Safe and Sound Program’ guidelines.
“Hard Rock and Seminole Gaming have made a tremendous commitment to sanitary protocols and a safety-first mentality for both guests and team members,” said Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International.
These guidelines include mandatory masks for guests and staff (Masks will be provided to guests, as needed), full-body thermal scanners, Plexiglas barriers at table games, poker games, and customer service areas, and all three barriers will operate at 50 percent capacity.
Seminole Gaming gave the ‘Safe and Sound Program’ a trial run when it reopened Hard Rock Tampa on May 21 with similar guidelines in place.
“We were very, very happy at the results, most importantly from a safety standpoint,” said Allen.
Other guidelines from the ‘Safe and Sound Program’ include,
- Temperature checks for all guests and team members prior to entry. Any guest or team member with a temperature above CDC guidelines of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed entry.
- Thousands of alternating slot machines will be turned off, to help ensure social distancing on the casino floors.
- New Plexiglas barriers will divide players at table games, poker games and customer service areas.
- Hundreds of signs will be posted throughout the casino complexes to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to Safe and Sound Program guidelines.
- Hundreds of team members will be part of a new “Safe and Sound Clean Team” to focus on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the casino complexes, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available on the casino floors, at the entrances and throughout the casino complexes.
- Constant purification and disinfecting of the air flowing into the complexes through the AtmosAir bipolar ionization system designed to destroy virus particles in the air and on surfaces.
All of this is being done with a combined workforce of 3,200 team members.
For the reopening weekend, popular spots such as Abiaka and Cipresso will also reopen at a later date and restaurants will have disposable menus. However, the sports bar Pla will be open, along with the bars Center and Oculus. At the Hard Rock’s main property in Hollywood, the returning restaurants include Hard Rock Café, Council Oak, Rise Kitchen & Deli and Bol. Constant Grind in the Guitar Hotel also will be serving.
The Shoppes at the Guitar Hotel and the Rock Shop also will be available.
More than 600 Guitar Hotel guestrooms at the Seminole Hard Rock will be available to book through the Guitar Hotel reservations website. The Oasis Tower and Hard Rock Hotel is coming online later, as demand grows. The guests-only Guitar Hotel pool will be open.
Until further notice, Hard Rock Live and DAER nightclub at Seminole Hard Rock and The Pavilion at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek will remain closed. Also, Seminole Hard Rock Tampa opened in mid-May. Seminole Casino Brighton will reopen on Tuesday, June 16. There hasn’t been a date confirmed for the reopening of Seminole Casino Immokalee.
Fans of the casino lifestyle and games can still have a variety of good-clean-fun. But it’s all about safety first.
“We are making sure our resorts and casinos are safe and sound,” said Allen. “So our guests and team members have peace of mind when they return.”